Promotional terms and conditions
Travel money price match guarantee – terms and conditions
Our Thomas Cook stores guarantee to match the rate offered at one of the following competitor high street bureau de change within 3 miles: Post Office, TUI, Euro Change, No 1 Currency, M&S, Debenhams, Tesco, Sainsbury’s & Asda. Applies to purchases of foreign currency banknotes for personal use or foreign currency loaded onto a new pre-paid currency card. Genuine proof required at time of purchase (written quote or mobile phone image) showing competitor’s name, address, date/time the rate was offered to you, currency and rate of exchange. Competitor rate must be their normal daily rate valid for a like-for-like currency transaction that could be completed on the same day you buy from our store. Offer applies only to currencies we have in stock/can supply immediately. Guarantee does not apply to Sterling products, special/promotional rates, pre-paid card reloads, or to rates offered online and cannot be applied in conjunction with any other Thomas Cook Money offer/promotion. Offer cannot be applied retrospectively, and can be withdrawn or altered without notice. Ask in store for full details.
1. This (“Promotion”) is offered by Mastercard® Prepaid Management Services Limited (the “Promoter”) with registered office at Access House, Cygnet Road, Hampton, Peterborough, PE7 8FJ. Registered in England and Wales under number 05429739.
2. By taking part in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. The Promotion is valid for Lyk ™ Prepaid Mastercard®, Multi Currency Cash Passport Mastercard® and Lyk™ Rainbow Card Mastercard®, and is open to UK residents aged eighteen (18) years or over and excludes residents of Northern Ireland. Employees of participating distributors and employees of the Promoter are not eligible to enter.
4. The prizes consist of:
a. One main cash prize worth GBP£2,000 or currency equivalent loaded on to the card
b. Six runners up prizes of GBP£500 or currency equivalent loaded on to the card
5. You will automatically be entered into this Promotion to win one of the prizes set out in clause 4 when you successfully purchase an eligible prepaid currency card (“card”) and load it with GBP£50 or more, or top up their existing card with GBP£50 or more. Entries must be made between 15th July 2019 and 31st August 2019 (“Promotion Period”). Unlimited number of entries per person. An entrant can only win once. The first prize drawn will be the prize of £2,000 to be loaded onto the winner’s card. If the same winner is drawn more than once in this Promotion, then a redraw will take place and the prize will be awarded to the next winner drawn.
6. The winners will be chosen at random on Wednesday 11th September 2019 from eligible entries from the UK distributors managed by the Promoter who are taking part in the summer campaign promotion. Winners will be notified by email and must have an active card at the time of acceptance of the prize. The winner will receive the prize loaded on to their card within five (5) working days of acceptance of the prize.
7. Entries are permitted across other Promoter offers and promotions, however an entrant can only win once in a six (6) month period. If the same winner is drawn for more than one promotion, then the winner will receive the first prize drawn and if the same winner is drawn again for another promotion in the same six (6) month period, a redraw will take place and the prize will be awarded to the next winner drawn.
8. The winners will have five (5) calendar days from receipt of the winning notification to:
i. Acknowledge the prize via the instructions in the notification;
ii. Provide a valid ID in the form of a passport or driver’s license; and
iii. Confirm they wish to accept the prize.
9. Failure to comply with condition 8 will result in the prize being forfeited and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original winner or dispose of the prize at its discretion without liability to the winner.
10. The Promoter’s announcement of the prize winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. No other alternative to the cash prize is offered.
12. The Promoter and their designees and assigns, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives and agents shall have no liability and will be held harmless by entrants for any liability, loss, injury, claim, or damage to themselves or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, or damage to personal or real property, to entrants or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize (including any travel or prize activity related thereto) or participation in this Promotion.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, modify or cancel this Promotion or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice, for whatever reason, and without liability to any entrants for doing so.
14. It is a condition of entry that winners agree to take part in publicity accompanying or resulting from the promotion without further recompense.
15. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault of any kind.
16. The winners’ surnames and counties can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Mastercard Summer Cash Passport (winners), Access House, 1st Floor, Cygnet Road, Hampton, Peterborough, PE7 8FJ within ten (10) calendar days after the Promotion Period.
17. The Promotion is subject to the laws of England and Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Lyk ™, Multi Currency Cash Passport and Lyk ™ Rainbow Card is issued by Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd (“WDCS”) pursuant to license by Mastercard International Inc. WDCS is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to conduct electronic money service activities under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (Ref: 900051).