Terms and conditions
Holiday money Reserve and Collect terms and conditions
The travel money Reserve and Collect service is provided by TCCT Retail Limited. These terms and conditions explain how the service works, our obligations to you and also your obligations to us.
In these terms and conditions:
- online means access to the services through the Internet.
- personal information is the information that we collect when we provide you with the service including any application form, correspondence, e-mails, telephone calls, through the Internet and any credit or debit card transaction.
- service means the Reserve and Collect Service as described below.
- site means the internet site through which you have accessed the service.
- travel currency means foreign exchange currency or prepaid travel cards (known as Lyk or Cash Passport.)
- we, us, our means TCCT Retail Limited.
- you, your means the purchaser of any travel currency.
- Thomas Cook Group means all affiliates of TCCT Retail Limited.
Use of the Service
You may order the following service from our site:
- Reserve and Collect Services: the ordering of foreign exchange currency and Lyk card online for collection from a Thomas Cook store and payment on collection.
- Referred to as the “service”
- Home Delivery Service: the ordering of foreign exchange currency online for home delivery. This service is provided by Travelex Currency Services Limited, Company number 03797356, registered office 65 Kingsway, London, WC2B 6TD and will be subject to terms and conditions as specification here https://travelmoney.travelex.co.uk/tcookonline/page/termsandconditions. The Home Delivery Service may be ordered from our site or by telephone. Details of telephone ordering to be published on out site from time to time.
The service is provided by TCCT Retail Limited.
- These terms and conditions apply to the service. By placing an order you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The service is provided by us online.
- You may only use the service to order travel currency for holiday or business travel and not for speculative, investment or any other purposes.
- You may place an order for collection by you from a selected Thomas Cook store.
- To protect against fraud, we apply certain limits to the total value that may be ordered by you or from your billing address. We reserve the right to decline or cancel any order if these limits are breached and in this event will notify you accordingly.
- The service is only available to individuals over 18 years or over, and who are resident in and accessing the service from the United Kingdom.
- Payment will only be accepted in Sterling.
- There are some limitations on the denominations of the bank notes that we can supply and we will quote for the nearest available amount to your request.
- The rate of exchange applied on the site is calculated to a number of decimal places and will be rounded up to the nearest penny.
Prepaid Travel Cards
- We only sell those foreign currency banknotes appearing on the site and availability is indicated when you select a currency on the order page.
- If your preferred currency is not available online please contact your local Thomas Cook store. To locate your nearest store click here.
Placing an Order
For Reserve and Collect orders the exchange rate that will apply will be the relevant exchange rate in force on the day of collection which may be a more or less favourable rate than the exchange rate on the day the order is made.
Order Confirmation and Limits
Your telephone number is required so that we may contact you regarding your order, if necessary. We accept no liability in the event that the currency you are seeking to reserve cannot be provided. If we are able to provide reserved currency, we will send you a confirmation e-mail. No order is complete until we have confirmed acceptance of your order and received payment in full from you.
The maximum order value is £2500.
Collecting Your Travel Currency
Orders can be collected by the person that is named on the order only from the Thomas Cook UK locations listed on the ordering screen. Collection is subject to the opening times of the collection location. Details of the opening times of the collection location can be obtained from our site.
At the time of collection the customer will need to produce a valid passport, UK Photographic Driving Licence or EU ID card for identification purposes. Depending on your order, we reserve the right to ask for further information and identification (such as proof of residential address) in according with its anti-money laundering policies. The name on the card used to make the purchase must match that on the identification document(s) used. To enable us to comply with its anti-money laundering and other legal obligations, we reserve the right to take a copy of your identification document(s) and the card used to make the purchase, at the time of collection.
Confirmation of Order
- When you place an order online we recommend that you print a copy of the order form that will contain details of your order number and confirmation of the purchases you have made.
- You will be sent an email confirmation of the order to the email address that you provide.
- There are no card handling fees charged if you choose to pay by Debit Card or Credit Card.
- Some credit and debit card issuers may treat the transaction as a cash advance and you may be charged a fee by the issuer of the credit or debit card. This charge will be shown separately on your Credit Card/Bank statement.
- From time to time we may provide you with a special promotion code for use on the Site. Please note that some promotion codes may only be available for a limited time. We do not guarantee the availability of promotion codes or the terms of such offers.
Import and Export Regulations
- It shall be your responsibility to ensure that you comply at all times with all relevant regulations in terms of any Travel Currency and restrictions various countries may have in respect of this. These may also change between the placing of the order and your trip abroad.
- If we need to contact you we will use the e-mail or other contact details as advised by you.
- You will be asked to provide us with your home landline telephone number which we require for security purposes.
Contacting us by phone
- If you need to contact us with regard to your order, call Customer Services on 0845 246 4353. We may ask questions to confirm your identity.
- For your security and to ensure the quality of our service to you, calls to us are recorded and may be monitored.
Your Personal Information
(important information about your privacy)
- By using the service you consent to us processing your personal information under these terms and conditions.
- We will take all reasonable precautions to keep personal information secure and protect it under our security policies and procedures.
- We restrict access to your personal information only to those people who require it to provide the services and to check for money laundering, any legal compliance and fraud prevention.
- Personal information will not be shared or used for any other purpose except as stated above unless we are required, or permitted to do so, as a result of any governmental laws and regulations, by a court order or to any business or persons to whom we transfer our rights and obligations under this agreement.
- You are entitled to ask us as a controller of the data to supply you with any personal information that we hold about you by writing to TCCT Retail Limited, Westpoint, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6FZ, England. We will delete any incorrect information or correct any errors in any of the personal data that come to our notice.
Limiting Our Liability
(This is important and you should read this paragraph carefully).
- We will not be liable to you:
- If we are unable to perform any of our obligations because of something outside our reasonable control.
- For any failure on the part of the Royal Mail or any other person through whom we send your order to deliver on time.
- Loss of information or unauthorised use of data arising as a result of you using encryption systems below our recommended level.
- Any failure by you to provide us with correct information when you order.
- Our maximum liability to you in respect of each use of the service for a travel money order shall be limited to a sum equal to the total purchase price of the travel money order.
- Nothing will limit our liability to you for death or personal injury arising out of our negligence or our fraudulent misrepresentation or misstatement or affect your statutory rights.
Your order is processed with payment authorisation from your credit or debit card issuer at the time of collection. We will prepare your order on or before the collection day and it is not possible for you to cancel your order once it has been placed with us.
Refunds for orders placed shall be made at our discretion. Where we agree to a refund we will buy back Travel Currency at the relevant buy back rate applicable on the day the refund is made which may be at a less favourable rate than the Travel Currency was purchased at.
All credit and debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment your order will not be accepted
3D Secure is a payment verification protocol used by major credit card companies, branded as ‘MasterCard SecureCode’ and ‘Verified by Visa’ to prevent credit card fraud.
Depending on the card issuer, 3D Secure is an opt-out option or a required service for using the card to make internet purchases. Cards registered with 3D Secure require the user to enter a Personal Identification Number (PIN) code. This is not the same PIN code issued with the card.
3D Secure verifies the card details provided by you. The system is completely automated and we do not store any of the data provided by the 3D Secure system.
Transferring Our Rights
We may assign our rights and benefits under these terms and conditions at any time, which will not affect your legal rights.
Alterations of Terms
We may, at any time, with immediate effect, in respect of future orders change these terms and conditions without notice and without liability to you. If we revise these terms, we will post the revision on the site. By placing any order you will be accepting any such changes.
Third Party Rights
Save for a company within the Thomas Cook Group, nothing in these terms and conditions will confer on any third party any benefit or the right to enforce any term under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Section 1(1) of the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply so that we will be entitled to rescind or vary these terms and conditions without the consent of any Thomas Cook Group company which is entitled (or may become entitled) to enforce of the terms against you.
These terms and conditions shall be read and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England. Any dispute arising from the use of the service shall be resolved exclusively in the English Courts
If you think we have made a mistake in your order please contact us by telephone on 0845 246 4353.
If you are dissatisfied with your standard of service, in the first instance please contact the store where you requested to collect your order. If the complaint is not resolved please e-mail email@example.com. We will try to resolve your complaint within 28 days.
TCCT Retail Limited company details:
Company number: 07397858
Registered Office: Westpoint, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6FZ
Please click on the links below to obtain more information about your Roam Travel Insurance policy.
The Insurance Product Information Documents provide clear information about your Roam Travel Insurance policy.
The Policy Wording documents confirm the full terms and conditions of your Roam Travel Insurance contract.
Essential Policy documents
- Single Trip Roam Essential Insurance Product Information Document
- Annual Multi Trip Roam Essential Insurance Product Information Document
- Roam Essential Policy Wording Document
Select Policy documents
- Single Trip Roam Select Insurance Product Information Document
- Annual Multi Trip Roam Select Insurance Product Information Document
- Roam Select Policy Wording Document