At thomascookmoney.com, we appreciate the importance to provide a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of ability or the technology used to access the internet. We work hard to improve the accessibility of our website, taking guidance from industry best practice and many of the available standards and guidelines. We strive to meet conformance level AA of the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible to people with disabilities.
Page & Text Size
If you have a vision impairment and find the text on our site too small to read, it may help to magnify our web pages. You can do this using any of the following methods:
- Press ‘CTRL’ + ‘=’ to increase the text size;
- Press ‘CTRL’ + ‘-‘ to decrease the text size;
- Press ‘CTRL’ + ‘0’ to reset to the default size.
- Key and Mouse Combined:
- Hold down the ‘CTRL’ key on the keyboard and scroll your mouse wheel forwards and backwards to Zoom in and out.
- Via your Browser Settings:
- Use the ‘Zoom’ option found in the browser’s settings.
Note: If you use a Mac, please use the ‘CMD’ key instead of the ‘CTRL’ key.
We aim for our links to be explicit and do not use “read more” or “click here”. Wherever possible, we have strived to make text which links one web page to another web page, relevant to the page behind the link. For example, a link saying “Explore Lyk” will take you to our Lyk website: https://lykcard.com and similarly, a link called “Reserve now”, will take you to the reserve and collect page on thomascookmoney.com.
Whenever possible we have assigned a ‘say what you see’ text alternative to our images. Screen Readers for the vision impaired will read the text alternative aloud, and in the rare instances where an image fails to load on the screen, the text will display in its place to give you the gist of the image.
Clicking on certain links on our site will cause a new browser window to open enabling easy navigation back to thomascookmoney.com. Examples of this include:
- Adobe pdfs (see https://www.adobe.com for more information);
- Some links to other Thomas Cook Money websites;
- Some links to other websites in the Thomas Cook Group;
- Some links to third party websites.
Potential Accessibility Barriers
Whilst we strive to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. Current instances that we are aware of include:
The travel money rates widget, the ‘reserve and collect’ and ‘rate watch set-up’ services on this website:
- They are currently on a platform that doesn’t always allow for full adherence to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility.
- Some features of our site are not yet touch screen friendly.
We are continually making improvements to our site to bring it in line with best practice and to remove these potential barriers, so please do keep checking our site over the next coming months
Contact information relating to each product can be found on the relevant product page. To contact us about this website, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at:
Thomas Cook Money
Peterborough Business Park