About the Thomas Cook Travel Moneycard
Our prepaid currency card is the smart way to carry cash abroad, and a cheap alternative to using debit or credit cards. Simply load a card with the currency of your choice and when you’re away, use your card to withdraw money from millions of ATMs worldwide. Or you can use it to pay for goods and services in shops, restaurants and hotels, just like your debit card at home!
Available in seven currencies (British Pounds, Euros, US Dollars, Australian Dollars, New Zealand Dollars, Canadian Dollars and South African Rand) you can lock-in your rate each time you reload. Simply visit your local Thomas Cook or Going Places store to prepay and go, or buy online now for home delivery
Your Thomas Cook Travel Moneycard is not linked to your bank account and comes with 24/7 Global Emergency Assistance. Should the worst happen and you lose your card, or it is stolen, don’t worry we will cancel the card and replace it with a new one.
- Chip and PIN protected (MasterCard only)
- 24/7 Global Emergency Assistance, including free card replacement if yours is lost or stolen
- Peace of mind as the card is not linked to a bank account
- Additional card available free of charge at time of purchase if required.
- Withdraw local currency at millions of ATMs worldwide, or use your card to pay directly for goods and services at millions of shops, hotels and restaurants or online, wherever you see the Visa or Plus logo, or the MasterCard® Acceptance Mark (depending on which type of Travel Moneycard you have).
- Locking in the value on the day of purchase could help you to avoid exchange rate fluctuations and variances while you’re abroad, and clear charges give you the control to manage your budget
- No bank account information required to obtain and start using your Thomas Cook Travel Moneycard, just photograph ID i.e. your passport or driving licence
- Powerful online management of your account with transaction details, ATM locator and more
- Use your unspent funds on your next trip, withdraw the balance from an ATM or cashout your card (fees apply).
You can easily reload your Thomas Cook Travel Moneycard with more funds ahead of your next trip or use it as a savings plan during its four year life. Simply top-up instore at any Thomas Cook or Going Places branch, by phone, or via telephone and online banking.
- Valid for four years and reloadable as many times as you want
- Free low balance reminder SMS text alerts* (MasterCard only)
- Commission-free top-ups on all foreign currency Travel Moneycard Cards.
How does Thomas Cook Travel Moneycard compare to Travellers Cheques?
The Thomas Cook Travel Moneycard is much more convenient than travellers cheques because you can use it to withdraw money directly from millions of ATMs and to make direct payments to millions of retailers worldwide. You can also reload the card with more funds at any time, even via telephone or online banking while you’re on your travels. Like travellers cheques, you lock in the value rate on the day of purchase, thereby avoiding possible exchange rate fluctuations or variances during your trip and allowing for tighter budget management.
How does Thomas Cook Travel Moneycard compare to credit or debit cards?
As the Thomas Cook Travel Moneycard is not linked to any of your bank or credit card accounts, these accounts remain totally separate. Also, the card doesn’t have your name or any other personal details on it, so your identity is secure if the card is lost or stolen.
The card is also available instantly and supported by award winning Global Emergency Assistance.
Finally, unlike many credit and debit cards, with the Thomas Cook Travel Moneycard any fees and charges are clear – you’ll know exactly how much an ATM withdrawal will cost you, allowing for accurate budgeting with no nasty surprises.